How to develop fluency

How to develop fluency?
Speaking fluently and naturally is an important skill. You can develop this skill by following these tips:
1.       Practice different forms of same sentence
Example:
Which subject did you like the most as a student?
The subject which I liked the most was science.
I liked reading many subjects such as English, Math, Social Studies etc. but out of those subjects science was my favorite.
I was a bright student and I had keen interest in all the subjects, but science was my favorite.

Well! Of all the subjects I studied in school, science was my favorite.

2.       Practice Read Aloud
Use the speaking scripts to practice speaking. Mimic the conversations between different speakers. Read aloud the dialogs using the right intonations.

3.       Make a collection of phrases to be used in different situations.. you can use the ones you prepare for writing..
With the advent of metro travelling has become easier and faster…
Thanks to unprecedented developments in the field of technology, the world is shrunk in a global village.
Given that we live in a fast-paced world, where computer extensively used in so many fields, it makes eminent sense for use to learn this device.
4.       Practice daily
Remember – repetition is the mother of all skills. To make your speaking natural, do daily practice of these exercises.

5.       Pay attention to function words and content words
Function words are for grammar. Content words carry real meaning. Pay more emphasis on content words.

6.       Conjugation
Practice conjugation..

Example: I am going to ….. Im Goin to…. or gonna..

Comments

Popular Posts